Monday 9 November 2015

Loving Collage Stamping

Hi Everyone!

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Here on the Wirral it was raining cats and dogs, which makes perfect crafting weather! :-)

Today's post is a two in one venture. First up is a collage stamped card I made as my DT piece for today's Inspiration Post over at the STAMPlorations Blog. It serves also as a reminder for their CASEplorations Challenge, where you are invited to CASE any inspiration projects made by the DT in any given month. You can find more information about this here.

I am currently in collage stamping mode. I absolutely love this technique. it is such fun to combine stamps to create your own image. I love using either one single colour in combination with generational stamping or two matching colours to achieve my desired depth. For today's card I used the latter working with Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon SU inks plus STAMPlorations stamps of course. Here it is...


I started off stamping the script from the Mixed Media Elements set in Soft Sky. Using the same ink I added some snowflakes (VIGNETTE: Christmas Block) and the poinsettia (Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower). Next, using Lost Lagoon, I stamped my sentiment and and the Christmas Tree (generational stamping) from the Oh, Christmas Tree! set and finished off with the wavy line from the Mixed Media Elements set. To completely finish the look, I rounded three corners, and my card was done!

Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see the brilliant makes my teamies created. Have a good look around as there are quite a few challenges going on and sometimes simply leaving a comment may win you a prize.

I am entering my card at:
Craft Stamper - Take a Stamp/ anything goes as long as it is stamped
One Layer Christmas Card - Anything Goes, optional twist reindeer

These are the STAMPlorations sets I used in my project. the links to which can be found in the above text.
SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements stmp1073.jpeg stmp1072.jpeg stmp1025.jpeg

to be continued ... once back from the dentist ...

Back from the dentist with a temporary crown fitted, ready to go on to the next projects which was a sort of a two for one thing. I die-cut the ornament (Spellbinders) and used it in both cards. Here they are ...


For my first card I used the frame as a mask to sponge my Daffodil Delight and stamp some snowflakes (Christmas Block) through using the same ink. I removed my mask and placed my ornament to cover my sponged bauble before stamping the Silent Night music (StampCamp) in River Rock. I turned my bauble shape over again covering the sponged are and stamped the trees (Woodland Christmas by Creative Stamping magazine) using the River Rock ink. I removed my mask and stamped my sentiment (SB Christmas & New Year, Joyful) in black into my bauble added the bow (Woodland Christmas by Creative Stamping Magazine) in Cherry Cobbler, added a few little stars (Lavinia Stamps) in River Rock, some ornamental embossed lines (Simply Scored Border Plate by Stampin'Up!) and a red gem to finish.

Next up is the card I made featuring the musically stamped ornament previously used to mask off the bauble ...


I simply added the trees in Always Artichoke, the deer in Soft Suede and my sentiment in black (all stamps from Woodland Christmas by Creative Stamping Magazine). I sponged my base card using Cherry Cobbler ink, added some DP (retired Stampin'Up!), sponged my border (decorative strip by Sizzix) with a mix of Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede, layered it all up, attached my ribbon (Fantastic Ribbons) in a bow, added a punched glittery snowflake (punch by Creative Memories), pearl and sequins to finish ....

... and then the gremlins moved in ... my card got a little close to a wet wipe ... horror!!! ... it ended up with a stain .... I had to rescue it by adding the unexpected strip of DP to cover up the accident. What do you think? Feedback welcome!

I am entering this accident prone card at:
Allsorts - Ribbons and Bows
Crafty Calendar - Sparkle, Bling and Embellish

That's it from me for today, back again soon with more inspiration. Until then ...
Have a lovely week!

hugs
Monika xxx

PS: Just popped in at the STAMPlorations Shop and saw this ...


.... no guessing what I'll be doing next ... LOL

8 comments:

  1. Hi Monika - great cards. Love the colours you have used on your accident prone card! Happy accident, looks great!
    Thanks for joining us over on Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the monochromatic beauties you create, Monika. Great use of your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, love them all and always admire yours over at STAMPlorations....I saw the super duper special Sheri has on for us all...Fabulous creation and colours are gorgeous.x
     { aNNie}
    .xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas cards Monika, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Loving your collage stamping, Monika! So inspired by your gorgeous tree card :) Thanks for sharing it over at the OLCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. again some beauties ..

    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX