Tuesday 15 December 2015

Happy Holidays

Hi All,

Back again with more inspiration for you. Over at STAMPlorations it's the last one of this year's Inspiration Posts.

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support and lovely comments this year, it really meant a lot to me especially during the last few months. I must also apologize for not visiting your blogs of late. It has been an enormously stressful time mentally and emotionally getting ready for some major changes I need to make. All will be revealed on Christmas Eve, but what I can say say for now is that cardmaking and blogging will still be part of it. I shall also be staying on STAMPlorations' Inspiration Design Team.

Now to today's project inspired by the Christmas decorations in and around Market Street in Hoylake where I live ...


I stamped and gold embossed the stars (Balloons and Banners), stamped and masked the houses (Houses), masked the moon and sponged my sky using Night of Navy and the shadows using Basic Grey inks. I then coloured my houses using Promarkers, first in bright colours before muting them by adding Cool Grey 3 on top with the exception of the windows. Next I used my Starlights Metallic Paints to stencil the tree (ARTplorations Christmas Trees Stencil), added a grey outline and gold glitter highlights before stamping my sentiment (Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower) and layered on a matching base card to finish.

That's it from me for now. If you like CASEing and you find some time over the festive period, why not CASE one or more of our Inspiration Projects and link them up at the Playground. We, my Teamies and I, would love to see your creations.

Have a lovely Christmas!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used, links are in the above text.
preview-DAIBalloonsandBanners stmp1094.jpeg stmp1072.jpeg preview-web-stencil-011-christmastrees.jpeg

Night of Navy and Basic Grey inks - Stampin'Up!
Artiste Gold Shimmer Pearlescent ink Pad - docrafts
Gold Satin Pearl WOW embossing powder
green and red Starlights Metallic Paints - Imagination Crafts
Promarkers

2 comments:

  1. Super fun with the tree in front of the houses --

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful! Such a lovely little scene! Glad you will be staying on STAMPlorations - hopefully your other news will be good news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX