Wednesday 31 August 2016

Color Blooms Blog Hop


Hello Crafty Friends, welcome to the Color Blooms Blog Hop & Linky Party over at STAMPlorations.

My teamies and I are having an in depth look at what you can do and make using pages from Shery's Color Blooms colouring book.

colorbloomscover

I coloured about four of them before I finally decided to cut into one. Before doing so I had to throw out any rule books and go with an 'I wonder if ...' moment to try something a little off beat.

Here is the finished page:


Looks messy .... it wasn't nearly as messy to create ... I simply removed the page from the Color Blooms book and placed it on a layer of kitchen roll. As my page was going to get very wet, I felt it was a good way of drawing excess water out of the paper. I then sprinkled various coloured Brusho powders in different places, approximately where I wanted them to be of course, sprayed with water and left to dry on a fresh layer of kitchen roll. Once dry, I added some subtle shading using Cool Grey 1, Pastel Beige and Pastel Blue Promarkers. Here is the page after I cut off the messy edges:


Looks a lot neater, which helped me decide on what I wanted to do. I simply cut along the black lines rather than tearing, which was my initial thought, layered on white base cards, added a stamped border using the circle line from the Art Marks set and added some die cut sentiments, Hello and Hugs CUTplorations Word Dies ... quick and easy, here they are:





It's over to you now ....

  • Leave a comment on my blog, pop over to the Stamplorations Blog for the links of all the participating blogs, have a look at what my teamies created and leave comments as you go along.
  • The linky for the Linky Party will be on the STAMPlorations Blog. To participate, download the Color Blooms Sampler from there, colour it using whatever medium you chose, create a project using your coloured sampler and link up here.
  • On Facebook, like the STAMPlorations Page and comment on the Color Blooms Blog Hop post tagging a friend.
  • Commenting closes Tuesday, 6th September at 11.55 Pacific Time, so will the linky for the Linky Party.

As always there are prizes to be won, a list of which can be found here on the STAMPlorations Blog.

I shall leave you with one last look at my projects, all made using parts of one coloured page ....



This was meant to be all ... that's until I decided that the off cuts had to be used too ... which meant another four cards using the same page ...



... in combination with the sunflower stamp from The Birds And The Blooms set for the sunflower cards. I simply masked off a matching strip, stamped the sunflower in black masking as I went along, tore a little piece off each off cut and attached them in place. All I had left to do was add my die cut sentiment, Hugs CUTplorations Word Die, and two more cards were finished.



For my last two cards, I layered my cut offs on a piece of black card, die cut 2 black and 1 green Hello CUTplorations Word Die, shadow layered the green on one of the blacks, layered my cards as seen, added sparkle to my sentiments using my glittery gel pen and finished off with matching glitter enamel dots.

I am entering my first card at:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #7 - anything goes as long as there is at least one item that is 'Never-Before-Used-Schtuff', my Hello die had it's first outing when I made it


One last thing before I go .... my sincere apologies, I had to uninstall the members gadget. It was buggy from the start and now has stopped working altogether. I truly appreciate you popping by. Thanks so much for your continued support.

That's it from me. I shall be back soon.
Have a lovely day!
Happy Hopping and Good Luck!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
Color Blooms, Art Marks, CUTplorations Word Dies: Hello and Hugs
colorbloomscover preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1 hello-worddiehugs-worddie
The Birds And The Blooms
thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview

33 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy creating. I love how all your cards turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what you got out of that one page. I love that you showed great ways to use that specific page. And that you too used the similar stamps to complement your colored panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monika, wonderful cards. This is so great idea to use cut offs (celebrating my inner CAS ;) I should note to myself a combination of a coloured bold print and black and white smaller prints. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monika, you sure know how to maximize that one page! Can't believe you got EIGHT super artsy and fabulously colored cards out of it! You amaze me by using the same sunflower stamp (just like how Maria amazed me when she used the same zinnia stamp) -- at first I thought you did some image transfer! You know you rock, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards ! You did such beautiful cards from one page, wow =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, Monika. Brushos!? I want to try that now! Beautiful results and selection or cards. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE how you used that angled page:)) I was stumped with that one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love how you have designed your cards and used the angles in each one. It reminds me of a fashion show and the angles are the similiar thing in each design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much gorgeousness!! I particularly like the last two!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love all of these cute & unique designs! I know I'm going to have a hard time cutting into my colored image ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowzers! You were one busy lady! I love the various angles and pops of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the different ways you embellished the
    fronts of the cards. The usual square gets boring -
    your cards not fun and interesting.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some pretty skills there! 8 cards! Love the way you have cut that page! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there such a thing as Brushoitis? If so I think you've got it bad, what has Kylie created?
    Seriously, love the end results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That diagonal cards are gorgeous. Love seeing this idea how to use that diagonal coloring page :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous idea - so many creations with one page - you did great - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the cool color scheme and carddesogns ! Fab job with the coloring pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous set of cards! The last one is my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my these are so beautiful with the shimmer look and I love how you've angled the cuts! What a great idea to use the page!! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful CAS cards you have got out of one single page! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fabulous, your idea really worked. The angles do catch the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great design ideas to produce several cards in one go! The Brushos looks lush too...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your 1st 4 cards turned out beautifully Monika and then you gave us an extra 4 cards with your cut off pieces and they are awesome too :-) Loved all your die cut words and border stamp. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy
    P.S. I still have my cut off pieces...hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you used the Brusho on these, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice! Your colouring is beautiful and I love all the cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you did your cards, they turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great layouts for your cards Monika, they're just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what fun ideas! Love your inpiration and your cards are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful creations. The blues and the greens are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Unbelievable, that you've made all the cards out of one page! I aplode you on your using the cut offs! Bravo! Amazing result!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the way you have cut these at an angle! Beautiful cards in pretty color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a lot of fun was had :) Well done :)

    Love it if you would come and see what I did for the hop https://vanillahevn.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/stamplorations-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX