Saturday 26 November 2016

Doing A Spot of Watercolouring

Hello Crafty Friends!

I felt like playing today in a clearing my mind sort of way hence I got out my watercolours and the Originally Organic set by Uniko. I wanted to create a clan and simple card, softly watercoloured and cheerful ... here it is ...


I simply stamped my image in black Archival and off I went ... I love to allow the watercolours to run into each other and hazily blend around the leaves for a really soft look. It does work even without using watercolour paper/card, all you need is a sturdy non-coated card stock to allow your imagination take flight ... I added some splatters for an artsy look, stamped my sentiment and layered on a grey base card to further enhance the soft look I was after.

I am entering my card at:
CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge #201 Sketch 
CASology - week #225, cue card 'soft'
Addicted To Stamps And More - Anything Goes

My second card for today is another CAS card, using Background Builders: Round In Circles by Uniko and Holiday Sketches: Christmas Candles by STAMPlorations for the sentiment ...here it is ...


I am entering this card at:
Uniko - Christmas 
Time Out - Christmas, optional twist glitter or shimmer which I didn't use

That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon.

Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx



12 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S! I love your card - that image is wonderful, and I like how you overlapped with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards showcasing Uniko stamps beautifully. Thanks for playing at CC&S & Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monika! Love your simple card for our challenge and it actually gave ne and idea for a card I could make, than you for the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two CAS beauties, Monika! Love the soft coloring on the first and the cool graphic design of the second. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the layers and colors of the first card...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monika, I love both cards! I especially love your soft watercoloring on your first card, the flowers are so beautifully colored! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You accomplished what you went after, Monika. Your card is soft and CAS and beautiful. I love the loose edge of the watercolored background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! both very clean with a wonderful pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Loving these Monika, super happy to see you using your Uniko goodies :) Loving the watercolours and beautiful use of the sketch too. Thanks for joining in at CC&S and lovely to see you in the Uniko Challenge gallery too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both these cards are just gorgeous. Love the pretty organic flowers. I think the way you've created baubles from the background builders is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats for getting HM at Time Out Monika x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your showcase of Uniko stamps! The circle stamps work really well as baubles! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX