Wednesday 22 November 2017

Nuts And Bolts

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm officially joining the DT over at The Male Room challenge blog where the bi-weekly challenge is all about making cards for the men in our lives. Here is my first DT project ...


Each challenge, of course, has a different theme. For challenge #74 we are asking you to dig into your stash, find some vellum and us it in your card. A good way of using vellum is to add it as a softening layer over a brightly coloured background as I did in my card with the tag.



I had this brightly coloured background I made a while ago using stencils, inks and marker pen which I always intended to use as a background for robots, but it was very bright. I added some random stamping and a layer of vellum to achieve my goal of toning it down.


The little robots are watercoloured, the border is heat embossed, adding a few eyelets, sentiment and heart finished my make of perfectly.


Fancy adding some vellum to your makes, pop over to The Male Room for more inspiration and to link up your masculine makes.

That's it from me for now, I shall be back shortly.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
vellum, eyelets, kraft card, red card, Versafine ink, Versamark, brush markers -  stash
Early Espresso embossing powder - Stampin'Up!
Xcut small heart palm punch - docrafts
Rectangles stencil - Clarity Stamps

from STAMPlorations:
Little RobotsArtsy Border MakerLuggage Tags Nesting DiesMixed Media Elements
preview-LittleRobots ArtsyBorderMaker-web-preview preview-stamplorations-luggagetags SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements

Dots And Dashes Stencil
preview-web-stencil-054-DotsandDashes
remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on STAMPlorations stamps ***, stencils and dies:
*** Discount code works on sale items too

2 comments:

  1. Many congratulations Monika on joining the Male Room Team x Such a fabulous first card, fun ideas and such a great masculine card. Love the new photo of you too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the clever placing of the eyelets to hold the vellum. Great to have you with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX